This document explains how we collect, use and store your personal information and, potentially, the information of anybody named on your quote or Plan or using Vetsure Direct delivery services. If you would like a printed copy or for this document to be provided in an alternative format (e.g. Braille, large print, audio file) please contact us.
We understand that your privacy is important to you and want you to be confident about how we use your personal information, but to also be aware of your rights in this regard. We respect and value the privacy of all our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
|Data Controller||means the person or entity which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data;|
|Data Protection Law||means the General Data Protection Regulations ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act;|
|“personal information”||means any and all information that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us directly or provide/agree to provide via our websites. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“Plan”||Your Vetsure Pet Health Plan or Equine Health Plan as applicable.|
|“You/Your”||means anyone whose personal information we may collect including:|
– anyone seeking to obtain a Plan, and anyone named during this process
– Anyone using Vetsure Direct product delivery services
– Plan holders and anyone they might authorise to discuss the plan and / or act on their behalf regarding the Plan
– anyone who might benefit from the Plan
|Your Vet||the veterinary practice with whom you hold a Plan (as detailed in your membership confirmation email). |
Your Planis administered by TVIS Ltd trading as Vetsure Pet Health Plan and Vetsure Equine Health Plan for and on behalf of Your Vet.
|Vetsure Direct Services||means the optional direct delivery service which you may have subscribed to as part of your Plan or as a standalone service.|
Who we are and how to contact us
The Data Controller (and under certain circumstances the Data Processor) of your personal information is TVIS Limited trading as ‘Vetsure’, ‘Vetsure Pet Health Plan’ and ‘Vetsure Direct’ a limited company registered in England under company number 06820979, whose registered and main trading address is: 2nd Floor Titan Court, 3 Bishop Square, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9NA. TVIS Limited is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA no.523215) and is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). TVIS Limited is registered as Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO registration no. Z2761214).
You can contact Vetsure’s GDPR Contact by email at [email protected] or by post at Data Protection,
When you use the Vetsure Direct Services, Your Vet is the Data Controller and TVIS Limited is the Data Processor.
What information do we collect?
We only ask for information that we need and have strict controls in place to keep it safe. We collect your personal information in order to provide our products and services to you. Without the information we request, we can’t give you a quote, issue a Plan or fulfil our Vetsure Direct Services.
Personal information we collect may be held in paper or digital form.
- basic personal details including your name, date of birth, address;
- your payment details such as direct debit or payment card details;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- basic information about your pet(s);
- details of any accessibility requirements so that we may make reasonable adjustments to help you;
- when you use our websites*: we may collect a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our website, and the site you exit to.
We may request this information when you:
- ask for a quote and / or apply for a Plan;
- buy a Plan;
- apply for Vetsure Direct delivery services;
- ask us a question and we provide a response;
- make a payment;
- update your details and / or your pets’ details;
- register a complaint;
- take part in market research;
- update your preferences in regard to marketing.
Our Website is:
Authorising someone to talk to us about or act on your plan or Vetsure Direct Services
We will only speak to someone else about your Plan or Vetsure Direct Services, and/or take any action on your Plan or Vetsure Direct Services based on their instructions, once we are satisfied that you have authorised them to do so.
How do we use and share your personal information?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary considering the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests*. We’re required to comply with legal and regulatory obligations such as the prevention, detection and reporting of fraud and other financial crime. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes (our legal basis for processing personal information):
- to develop, improve, and personalise our products, pricing and services;
- to enhance our customer service, experience, and relationship (e.g. customer and market research, business analysis, provide relevant product and service information);
- to improve the relevance of our advertising and marketing campaigns;
- to help detect and prevent fraud and financial crime. If this is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Where we suspect financial crime or fraud has taken place we may cancel your Plan and/or Vetsure Direct Services. We may share relevant information with crime and fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies and other relevant organisations;
- to develop and improve our administration and security systems;
- to share it with third parties in the event of
organisationalchange (e.g. if we are bought by, or merged with, another organisation);
- to share it with third parties in the event of your Vet deciding to appoint another firm to administer their Plans;
- to share it with third parties in the event of you electing to use Vetsure Direct Services so that delivery of products to your home address can be fulfilled;
- to provide quotes and administer Plans and any associated Vetsure Direct Services on behalf of your Vet. This includes sharing information with, and obtaining information from your Vet to facilitate the set-up and administration of the Plan and any associated Vetsure Direct Services;
- to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to provide you with relevant marketing information (including information about other relevant products that Vetsure offer) where you have provided consent for this;
- to process payments securely. If you use a payment card to make a payment we receive a unique transaction code and an extract of your card number only. This is stored to provide a record of the transaction;
To renew your Plan and any associated Vetsure Direct Services automatically on a monthly basis when you pay for your Plan and any associated Vetsure Direct Services via direct debit. We will write to notify you of any changes to your Plan and any associated Vetsure Direct Services (including the monthly premiums you pay) at least 28 days in advance of this happening.
The following will be made available to your Vet via a secure online portal on a real-time basis:
- basic details of any products you hold or have previously held with us – including whether your Plan and any associated Vetsure Direct Services is in financial arrears;
- the ability to submit a lead enquiry to us with your permission;
- the ability to establish the status of any lead enquiry that your Vet, with your permission, submits on your behalf;
In the event that we process personal information outside the UK, the processing in those locations is protected by UK and European data standards.
* Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing ourselves to enable us to give you the best products, services and customer experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests and have conducted a ‘Legitimate Interests Assessment’ (LIA) to facilitate this. This will be repeated at least every 2 years. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us. Please refer to the ‘Who we are and how to contact us’ section if you wish to do so.
Your Personal Information Rights
As a ‘data subject’, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- the right to be informed about how we collect and use your personal information;
- to access the personal information we hold about you (the right to access / data subject access request). Please note, under the GDPR, no fee is payable for this;
- to correct personal information we hold that is incorrect or incomplete (the right to rectification);
- to have your personal information deleted (the right to be forgotten);
- to restrict us processing your personal information (the right to restrict);
- receive your personal information in a portable format to re-use with another service or organisation (right to portability);
- to object to us processing your personal information for particular purposes (the right to object);
- to appeal a decision with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you consider that the processing of personal information by TVIS Limited (trading as Vetsure Pet Health Plan and Vetsure Direct) is not in compliance with data protection laws and regulations, you may lodge a complaint with
You can contact Vetsure’s GDPR Contact by email at [email protected] or by post at Data Protection, Vetsure Pet/Equine Health Plan, 2nd Floor Titan Court, Bishop Square, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9NA.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in the ‘How do we use and share your personal information’ section, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Storage of your personal information outside of the United Kingdom
Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the UK but we do not store personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our Site and submitting information to us.
In addition to your rights under the GDPR (as set out in the ‘Your personal information rights’ section, when you submit personal information to us), you may be given options to restrict our use of your information. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your information for discretionary direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us, which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails. You can also update your marketing preferences when you first contact us or at any point thereafter.
Other ways you can control the use of your personal information
We will only contact you by telephone if we need to discuss
Communicating with us
When you contact us,