The security of your personal details is paramount to us.
That is why our websites (https://www.myvetshealthplan.com and https://www.vetsure.com) use 256-bit encryption that utilises SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) which is considered to be the industry standard for website security. It works by automatically scrambling the information you send over the web so it is meaningless. Once it arrives, we have the key to de-scramble the words.
When you fill in any personal information or payment details, you will be in a secure area of the site. You can check this by looking for a padlock in the bottom corner of your web browser and that the web address starts with “https://” – the letter ‘s’ stands for secure. When you send your information over the web, it will be encrypted to protect anyone from reading it.
All the information that we save for you is protected by firewalls and a wide range of IT security measures.
Whilst using our websites*, some information is collected automatically using ‘Cookies’ or local storage.
- https://www.myvetshealthplan.com: This contains information about the Vetsure Pet Health Plans.. It also contains links to our Vetsure Pet Insurance site, https://www.vetsure.com.
- https://www.vetsure.com: This is our primary ‘business to customer’ website and contains information about our insurance products and pet health. It also contains links to our pet insurance ‘transactional’ site (https://insurance.vetsure.com)
- https://insurance.vetsure.com: This site and the sub-sites within it are used to provide you with online pet insurance quotes, purchase insurance policies online and also allows your vet – with your permission – to submit an electronic lead enquiry to us so we can contact you and provide an insurance and/or Pet Health Planquote at a time to suit you.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our websites when you visit certain parts of our websites and/or when you use certain features of our websites. Details of the Cookies used by our websites are set out in the ‘Cookie’ section below;
“We/Us/Our” means TVIS Limited trading as ‘Vetsure’, a limited company registered in England under company number 06820979, whose registered and main trading address is 2nd Floor Titan Court, 3 Bishop Square, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9NA.
What are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small text file that is sent to your web browser and stored in the memory of your device when you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they enable collection of user data and analysis of how the website is being used by visitors, to optimise and create the best possible customer experience.
Some Cookies are temporary to your browsing session and deleted every time you close your browser. Other Cookies remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your device’s cache.
The Cookies we use do not hold any data that can identify you personally, such as; names, phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, bank account numbers or payment card information.
- To improve your online experience and the usability of our websites
- To recognise your computer when you use our websites
- To track your navigation of our websites
- To analyse the use of our websites and how you arrived at them
More information about behavioural advertising and how to manage targeting Cookies can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu
This website uses and relies upon “Essential” and “Functional” Cookies.
Essential Cookies are necessary to ensure the site functions correctly and as intended.
Examples of these might include:
- Providing you / your veterinary practice with relevant privileges to perform certain actions when logged in.
- Saving relevant information about your actions on the site in order to provide a personalised user experience.
- Preventing malicious attacks.
You may be able to configure your internet browser(s) to warn you each time a new Cookie is about to be stored, so that you may make a decision whether to accept or reject it. If Cookies are already on your system, you can delete them.
For more information about Cookies and how to delete them, please visit: